Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As a photographer, I don't believe the camera steals a soul -- from my experience, it only serves to reveal one.

229,967 items / 1,929,975 views

As a photographer, I don't believe the camera steals a soul -- from my experience, it only serves to reveal one. It's just another tool to breathe life into the mundane and fantastic objects of the world... how lucky we are to be able to actually see through another's eye! I call that a blessing. 

Yes! It makes me want to visit... there is so much texture, life and beauty -- even in the dismal conditions.... I'm glad +Firoze Shakir is here to share with those of us who can't witness for ourselves. <3

Bethany Stephenson Google+

These are words hitting the soul of find faulting Man , the Man who think cameras rob the soul of humanbeings by taking their pictures ..

And this young lady put the matter to rest by her kind words on my grand daughter Marziyas picture..

Marziya Shakir is 4 year old , began her tryst with photography when she was two and the person who blessed her molded her love for photography is a American Jew .. an integral part of our family , the only white man who made our home his home..Dr Glenn Losack MD Manhattan New York, a fantastic street photographer , Glenn is Marziyas photo guru.. I am the grand father ..

Marziyas first camera Nikon D 80 was gifted by Dr Glenn Losack , she shot the streets the beggars and the eunuchs..

Than a friend from Dubai Zain gifted her the Nikon D 3100 she used it for sometime till it was taken by my photography aspiring only daughter..

Finally my boss gifted her the Canon EOS 7 D .. that became mine by default with the vertical grip Marziya still shot pictures but got tired after a few shots..

And I collected all my resources ,borrowed a bit , to make her dream come true I gave her the Canon EOD 60 D her own camera finally.

To keep her passion alive I could have scrounged bought her a cheap plastic one saved money for a rainy day, but I did not at our house Marziya Shakir is the standard of love of photography.

So I bought her a camera that does justice to her growth as a street photographer and we dont use Nikon I say this in the same breath as we are not on Facebook...

We are serious about our choice we make in life .. it affects the direction of our pledge .. a pledge to use photography as an instrument to heal the world and on the right platform..Flivkr and Google+

This Flickr account got its lease of life a two year Pro membership thanks t Jack C Crawford my good friend on Google+..

And this post my first blog at 5.54 am is dedicated to Bethany.. God Bless you Beth

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube