Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Silence of the Eunuch

She has to ward of other hijras who try to usurp her beat where she begs at the traffic signal..but she is tough and has been at the Turner Road traffic signal for a very long time .. she has seen a lot, the urchins the beggar kids her main competition have all gone but this eunuch has outlived all of them..

She is very respectful towards me and we both are gurus in our own fields.. she is the guru of younger hijras novice she teaches trains and they disappear soon after because begging is lowly and there is no future.. the future is as a hijra prostitute , bar dancer provided the hijra is pretty , attractive and is willing to open her legs to put it mildly..

However the real hijras consider these eunuchs impostors and are not part of the hijra tradition or culture or parampara.

Now even women dress up as hijras to make money gesticulating and clapping their hands , they run away when they see me..I am their nemesis as thee hijra chronicler .. most of the hijras know me but are surprised at my change in attire .. I am a corporate Malang now suited and booted as they say in common parlance of the street..

I dont add hijras eunuchs cross dressers transvestites trans gender to my Flickr contact list I block them I am not interested in being part of their sexuality I am not part of their ethos I shoot piccture that is where it begins and ends.

I dont socialize I educate I show you a world very few shoot , most of those who have shot the hijras have used them without giving them a dime from the revenue and fame they got out of their fucked coffee table books..

I dont use hijas as my step to gain anything I am a hobbyist street photographer my bread butter comes from clothes ..Idont sell my pictures or my text..

What text I type with one finger I hate grammar syntax so I shoot pictures that do the talking in silence..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube