Sunday, March 25, 2012

If you are wondering whether I miss my Nikons .. No .. I am very happy shooting on Canon EOS 7D

This is the very first time in my life I am using the Canon DSLR ..And I have never used one before , I had a Canon G9 that was stolen from me in 2008 while shooting Moharam at Bhendi Bazar .. I lodged a police complain at JJ Police Station but never got it back..and you cant blame the Mumbai Police they are busy trying to finish of their unsolved police cases.

Now I am extra careful about my Canon EOS 7D gifted too my 4 year old street shooting grand daughter Marziya Shakir by my new boss ..luckily at her school no one knows of her online popularity or fame she studies in Junior KG.. and is an avid water colorist.

About the kid in the picture these are young boys that UP caterers bring from their hometown to do the menial job washing vessels cutting onions chillies etc, taking care of their kids delivering stuff to homes ..and one day very soon this kid too will set up shop, this is the beauty of the North Indian Muslim migrant.. they are not called Bhaiyas like their Hindu conterparts who are dhobis cart pushers or pheriwalas..most of the pheriwalas patiwalas are Muslim migrants too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube