Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mrs Moses Was My Class Teacher

218,620 items / 1,803,826 views

And there were many others when I joined Holy Name High School in 1963 , Fr FX Fernandes Bozo was the Principal, I had come from Private European School of Mrs E Lester..

I completed my third , and than from my fourth class took a double promotion and came directly to Mr Pandeys class , sixth standard, there were many sad memories and few good ones too, I miss many teachers Mrs Menezies Miss India , Miss Agnes, Mr Joshi, whom we called Batli our drawing teacher , Mr KN Singh or Bond ,Mr Mishra and Mr Shanbag, .. I have forgotten many names .. and my best friend Merwyn Fernandes , I requested Margaret the host to have a few seconds silence for those who passed away teachers students and peons too...

I missed Dennis Fernandes Diago Ravi Thakkar and the boys from Badhwar Park.. Mohan and Suresh Sadhwani , also my very close friend buddy who died prematurely Ramesh Alva..Deepak the list is long..

I thank Ramesh Mulchandani for calling me to this reunion I would have never made it I was at work..he pulled a fast one on me to get me here , I had forgotten about Anil Shejales note to me, Ramesh called me at work said he had fallen down the stairs so I rushed to Colaba and than when I was about to reach his hotel he asked me to come to school..

And Ramesh is more than a blood brother too me when the chips were down, when I was in a very bad shape , lost all hope thought of ending my life like a few of my other friends he helped me gave me succor , a brick in my house belongs to him..I would have lost my house too but Ramesh was there ..and I think this is the noble aspect of a friendship that has lasted over 45 years ..

So when the riots took place in 93 , when the Babri mosque fell I did not believe in the Hindu Muslim conflict , I lost my world , but it was my Hindu friend who was my savior ..today as blogger I shoot my cultural inheritance as Hope and Hindutva .. message of peace and humanity..

I also never forgot the Church that made me the man I am , I walk barefeet n the hot blazing sun, every year to follow Jesus Christ on Good Friday from Sacred Heart Church Santa Cruz to Kalina Vakola and document the 14 Stations of the Cross ...

And all this was instilled in me by my teachers they still remembered me Mrs Moses and Mr Subramaniam my science teacher who was there too with the others ..Mr Alex Vaz my PT teacher

Thank you Holy Namers
..
Prabha Suratkal gave a vote of thanks we had dinner and I rushed home with Roopa and Kishni..my old school pals..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube