Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Wont Shoot The Gay Pride This Year ..

I have the greatest respect for the gay community , I am much closer to the hijra community because hijra icon of freedom from slavery Laxmi Narayan Tripathi is my hijra guru.. and I document the angst the hardships the sufferings of the other sex always abused , their androgynous human rights trampled , by homophobic hate , by god men and upcoming political activists who seek mileage because of vote bank politics ..

I have as a blogger as a street photographer pedestrian poet of sorts through imagery of words and pictures captured their eternal pain, some of my best friends are gay and I have the best of relationship with them.

Every year I leave my work I come out on the streets bare feet in the hot sun shoot the Queer Azadi March to show my solidarity with them like others who join in and support this human cause .... I am no big gun photographer I but shoot what others dont shoot I shoot the inner strength of this indomitable spirit of survival of the most neglected class in society..I shoot them their world with a divine passion.. I blog I cross blog their pathos poetry to my Hijras of India website on Wordpress , Twitter and Google+I have deactivated my Facebook Account since September ..

But last year I was unnecessarily targeted by a gay activist bigot I have decided best to stay away avoid controversies and not shoot this event this year , this is my personal pain as a protest..nothing personal with the rest of the gay community ..

I wish them success peace hope harmony and as a Dam Madar Malang I bless them too..
Dam Madar Beda Par..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube