Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I am a Highly Paid Fashion Whore


I began shooting the beggar hijras on this road and I shot them for five or six years as I had my workspace at Water field Road Bandra .. and I befriended Lakshmi the beggar hijra guru Archana and others , I know them by face only , I would time and again meet them after moving out from here , I met them while going to Juhu in my ricksha ..

But now life travels a circle and after many years I am back on this side of the road and I meet the Turner Road beggar hijras , they are shocked to see me in my corporate clothes ,but they seem , confused as they all know I am a Malang and and for them a Malang is a man with a turban , long hair beads rings and barefeet , like I was before I sold the poetry of my soul to my new boss..
I was a boss myself and the transition from a boss to a slave has been dynamically seamless without any conflict , I need the job to pay back those who helped me financially in my time of need and when things were bad for me at one time .. and it was a very long depressing time making me suicidal but still keeping me alive..

'I shall overcome is what I said to myself and it is very tough path I have decided to walk with manacles on my feet now in fucked shoes ..

I blog at odd hours .. I have my dinner at 2 am as I crash the moment I reach home but not before I take my grand children in my arms ..Nerjis Asif Shakir a malang too 5 month old sustains the austerity of my barren soul trying to help me grow wings , she encourages me to fly..she nurtures my enslaved poetry of life..

I am changing and changing a wheel within a cosmic wheel and I shoot the streets , dressed as a corporate beggar poet..

I had a few lines of poetry but I did not want to insult the kindness of my new boss so I hardly use the name of the establishment where I work..

i am a expensive whore
i work at a high end fashion store
at bandra if you are intuitively
like me you know the score
manacled i walk through
'life's revolving doors
my period of penance
figuratively weeping at the core
i wear shoes my feet bleed more
diabetic dilemma dreamless i snore
buried above six feet i grow
from the floor sprouting doubting
blood sweat tears and gore
a new world a better tomorrow
i seek i explore my new changeover
my new corporate avatar
to the beggar hijras an eyesore
in the marketplace of life i beg and whore
my fucked destiny kisses another mans shores
i am a boat no sails but god leads
me to my new home without oars
as i bend my back I tell god
I am all yours ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube