Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jesus Me And The Journey of Life


He followed
me since childhood
always there
stately and tall
Private European school
Methodist church near
5 No Post Office
i recall
later it was
Holy Name High School
the Cathedral
beyond the wall
than from Colaba
I came to Bandra
it was St Peter Church
all in all
he was there
waiting for me
beyond the hall
i began shooting him
while on the grounds
kids played football
at St Stanislaus
near the stone wall
at Bandra Bazar
he met me at
each corner
moments
of my sadness
as night crawled
i shot him
poetically
passionately
patriotically
as he was Indian
as i was
most of all
his Bethlehem
Jerusalem
Gethsemane
in Mumbai
near the slums
close to the chawls
the gaothan with
east indian women
reciting rosary
bent head
covered in shawls
now my 3 year old
grand daughter
Marziya Shakir
shoots him too
a camera in hand
instead of a doll


dedicated to my good friend Randy Der

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube