Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Death of the Bandra Gaothan..



Behind the bars of fate and captivity lies Mr Misquitta and his brother two East Indian men I shoot for their battling of life against all odds and their continuous plight sickness and sad lot..
I have hardly ever seen a priest come and gve them succor , but they believe in Jesus and their firm faith in the Lord is their positivity to all challenges ..

And I dedicate this blog to a fellow Bandraite Floyd Almeida
He sent me mail that I share with all of you..




Hi Firoze,

I was just browsing through Google to locate some images of the East
Indian Community in Bandra and Google threw up an image of a woman in
Bazar Road.

Through curiosity I began browsing the other images too and was
intrigued to see the common and uncommon faces of Bandra's bylanes
captured in images, especially the daunting pic of the Leper lady.

I love you pictures and the poetry that goes with it. It tells a story
and has a moral too. Its captivating and speaks directly to one's
soul.

I love photography too and stay in Bandra as well but never realised
how much these familiar faces we see everyday, mean so much to Bandra
and they have a story to tell too. I have also taken plenty of pics
around Bandra too, but mainly of the old homes, guess have forgotten
how much of a role even the people on the streets of Bandra play in
making it just home, just Bandra.


Thank you very much Firoze the images and poetry was a real eye opener.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube