Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eric Parker An Enchanting Street Photographer Poet

208,442 items / 1,706,537 views


photo courtesy eric parker

www.flickr.com/people/ericparker/

We all like beauty in one form or the other and beauty is different things to different people , and my dear friend Eric Parker graphic designer from Toronto shoots wild beauty , wild beauty that aesthetically touches the core of humanity.

I met Eric several years back ,we met at Flickr and it is my bad luck I did not meet him in Mumbai he had shot Chor Bazar that was once my Friday hideout.

He became a fan of my Sufi pictures and I became a fan of his street lore , Eric is a product of Adabb and Tehzeeb and connected to a lot of old musical gharanas in Kolkatta.

Erics photostream at Flickr is more vibrant soul pulsating than mine, he shoots emotions moments that live on and on and on..he shoots various genre , being erudite , worldly and street saintly too.

Because he looks a bit like my dear friend Benn Bell , our friendship is more evocative than ever.

I am looking forward to his trip to Mumbai and this is my humble tribute to a prolific street chronicler and street poet.


He is the best of the best.. my dear friend Eric Parker .

My new Poem inspired by Paula

eric is a loner
a poet a stag
his tail seldom wags
he shoots beauty
hidden beneath
the wrinkles
of a hag
to all my friends
that eric is my friend
i brag
this poem
in all it humility
a tribute
to a great
photographer
as abuse
or positive spam
you dont
need to flag
ericparker
what a tag

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube