Friday, October 28, 2011

Drawing Contest In The Slums-Kaun Banega Artist for Rs 50..

The kids of Khoka Chawl slums Bandra West had a drawing contest the first prize was Rs 50.
It was a very keenly judged contest , the judge a young kid better artist than the contestants .. I shot a few frames ..The tall girl in the picture called herself the host of the contest.. I checked up some of the kids works very interesting and well done..

This contest is purely the brain child of these slum kids , all charming the judge and the host absolutely smart fluent , and a great way of bonding intelligently and making a creative use of a Sunday holiday..

I was in a rush or I would have shot their prize distribution too, this for me is purposeful photography sharing their world no media will ever show , low profile kids with undiluted hopes aspirations of making it big..
The little judge sat away from the contestants checking their work and reprimanded me for shooting them and not shooting her , I asked her to sit with the contestants she said no way.. she is in my next picture in a yellow dress..8 or 9 years old..

Kaun Banega Artist for Rs 50..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube