Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We May Have Won The World Cup But We Are Million Light Years Away From Removing Poverty and Pain

179,008 items / 1,405,465 views

This is a very common sight and it is easily visible close to my workplace , this family makes limbu and chilly combination held on a string with charcoal to ward off evil, and you can see this hanging from shops homes , but not on the necks of truant Casanova type husbands.. two timers etc..The Indian Male over sexed testosterone, is a rare breed , and that is why no country in the world is ever complete without an Indian adding to its population , our end it is adding adding and adding only.


My picture frame story Hunger was shot here I did not write a poem or write any extra text , we all know feel understand hunger our birth epitomizes hunger, next to where they sit is the Vodafone gallery some lovebirds must have given their left overs to them that they were eating along with the paper plates.


And because I had a telly lens I could capture in silence their human angst without getting involved with them.This is a huge family the women are perennially pregnant and the men are not oversexed ,they are practical realistic shrewd and conniving.. a new born child brings his food along with him , he brings food for the rest of the family too..

If you shoot beggars like Dr Glenn Losack MD you will know the meaning of life after death, both cling to each other on the mean streets.


When I started learning photography almost a decade back I shot anything everything, trigger happy and it was not easy for me like many others too I was mostly shooting slides and black and white on Delta Ilford, spending humongous amount on camera lens accessories .

And the digital changed it all .. luckily I miss film but I dont shed tears and it is a memory I treasure but it is not a treasure trove , digital made me a blogger away from analogue away from the regressive prehistoric mentality of old masters and camera clubs.

I was reborn I became a butterfly and I had colorful wings I attracted others others attracted me and it has been 6 years now blogging the soul of humanity.

The blog made me a writer a poet a dreamer too, I met other dreamers like me Jeff Lamb from Ann Arbor who passed away recently, friends from Texas like Fred Miller I met a cat lover Anthony Posey from New Orleans Ben Bell, Eric Parker ,Randy Der .

Glenn Losack is family he taught my grand daughter photography and blessed her with a Nikon D 80.. grand daughter now is the worlds youngest street photographer 3 year old in pre primary.. will soon be attending Apostolic Carmel Convent Bandra.

This bonding camaraderie was simply possible because of inspirational source of the blogs..we swam together we kept afloat different strokes so to speak.

Today there are friends on the internet we dont talk anymore but yet we have mutual respect for each other , it was time to move on from Buzznet to Flickr to Twitter and Facebook we did.

The internet became a world beyond borders and blog was a domain that was beyond caste color or creed , we were individuals we were one for our passion for photography and blogging.


Blogging gave a good bye kiss on the posteriors of pedantic photographers pompous photographers who held on to the swampy soul of the wet lab.. who refused to see the brighter more futuristic side of the digital era .. and honestly without denigrating the beautiful memories of the camera club , I am a product of the camera club.. where is the camera club?


This is a blog has no method no singular alignment it shoots a picture of a beggar and launches into a tirade of life and death after life...yes the power of the blog cannot be underestimated it was not Facebook or Twitter that rocked the cradle of humanity dictators and despots and warlords ..It was the BLOG..


And camera clubs at least the few I know dont think much of photo bloggers similarly like the media we are a threat to their existence of Truth.. we may be liars but we do it with convincing sincerity that we shake the very pedestal that the statue stands on.

And the crux of camera club photography is making money becoming Atual Kasbekar Harish Dafftary and so many celebrity cult photographers to name a few. I know both of them.. great human beings no doubt.

And I am not bullshitting it was this attitude that made me turn my back completely on camera clubs.. doomed camera clubs living in a glorious past and not trying to come out of it... the light would blind them so hence they wear blinkers too.

Photography today thanks to the digital and the mobile phone has gained a popular notoriety , people love to post their pictures , and without realizing the blog is born.. on the web in humility and gratitude.

Blogs might have broken up marriages but it saved Mankind thanks to Google God and Facebook the Archangel with spread wings.. and other lesser saints of the cybernet like Twitter.. a lower order microblog Angel partial only to Hollywoods and Bollywood brats and beauties ...politicians too joined the bandwagon.. from the frying pan into the fire.

Today Indi Blogger the best place called home for Bloggers I have a great equation with the Indian King of Blogs Renie Ranvin , he has paid me a hefty advance to make his wedding wardrobe in case if her ever gets accidentally married away to a Blog Goddess..swept away so to speak from his eponymous entrenched bachelorhood.

And I made Guru Girish Mistrys wedding clothes in 4 hours I rushed in with his clothes before the auspicious time before he his wheelchair and his beautiful wife became one.. he has never forgotten me for this very reason... and I keep telling his young son who is 5 years old and teaches at the Shari Digital Institute to keep away from my 3 year old genius of a street photographer Marziya Shakir.. wife hates blogs and photographers one stream she does not want running in the family.

And before I close this I would like to say photography is passe cliche and becoming a blogger makes you a Raymonds complete man..blogging makes you a writer a columnist a poet even a photographer without a camera.

And this is dedicated to Dostoevsky Dickens and Balzac who taught me to shoot pictures like them.. shadows and light silhouettes without words.. in my case.

Yes we won the World Cup..Thank you Dhoni and Team India

And I shall go on shooting beggars Ad infinitum

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube