Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Message That Shows The Humanity of the Bohra Spirit of Peace

178,482 items / 1,397,191 views


I got a friend request and a message on Facebook from a person , his words touched me immensely and I am as human as he is I am a poet too.. I have made this message public to show you how as humans a picture touches the soul of us as human as Indians in a given situation of pain.


Huzefa Shabbir March 29 at 10:39pm Report
Dear Mr Shakir

I live in the building where the fire took place on 25th March 2011, it was very sad that few kids from our community attacked you and injured you on that very unfortunate night, they did not know that you were trying to help us in your own way. I hope you will not keep anything in your heart of what happen on that very day.

You are an amazing photographer i have gone through all your pictures, i myself love taking pictures if you can see my profile but i am not professional as you are.

Hope to hear from you.

Huzefa Shabbir

Firoze Shakir March 29 at 11:09pm


Thanks Huzefa

I am touched by your words the first one from your community , I normally dont shoot pictures of disasters at all as a rule but this happened in my neighborhood and it was my duty as a blogger and as a Press person I shoot for Bandra Times to document it , there was no ulterior motive , no hidden agenda.

I am a Shia and very close to Akbar Bhai, Cheap Jack Something Special family Nur Nulwala and many other Bohra personalities , as a matter of fact I have always been inspired by the Bohra ethos of peace and living in mutual harmony.

Every Year I pen a poem on His Holiness Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saabs birthday..

I shall blog this dialogue..

Thank you

Take Care

Firoze Shakir '

Photgrapherno1

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube