Thursday, March 24, 2011

Marziya Sees Pictures While I Only Shoot Pictures

177,005 items / 1,387,354 views

A few months back I was bringing Marziya from her old school a long walk via the Bandra Bazar Market a walk that shes sees what I shoot and shoots a few I direct her to shoot , and she is sharp all of three years , and sharpness is not just about shooting crystal crisp pictures , even a blur has a storyline if shot poetically , pictures are poetry period.

Whe I reached Kalidas a 100 year store at the Bazar Marziya began tugging my leg and I looked down she pointed to this same lady and her child on the wheel chair, I shot pictures all on my Flickr set World of Muslim Beggars God Forgot..

So I am not trying to boat about Marziya prowess or her vision , but she has it the essence of poetry that ultimately transforms into a picture..

Whatever I learnt from my Gurus Marziya absorbed it though brand equity is important in choice of GURU ..Marziyas guru is Dr Glenn Losack MD from Manhattan New York.. the child's guru is Made in USA...though the disciple is irrevocably Indian.

Now you might wonder why I dont call myself Marziyas Guru.. I am not Guru material I am a poet , and Marziya is a poet too.. Marziya uses Glenns camera Nikon D 80..She began shooting darkness which is more difficult;t to shoot than light.. she shot with a cloth covering her eyes..

Marziya will not take the Nikon D 80 without placing the strap around her neck, but now she is defiant over confident and shoots simply holding the camera in her frail hands..
But she likes it on the Manfrotto monopod playing to the gallery.

So I saw this beggar lady at JJ Colony where I shot this picture I later shot her in the evening again at Bandra Bazar Road.

Begging is a tough proposition and a tough profession too.. One day in the near future at a place where I am not known I want to cover myself in a shwal sit with a bunch of beggars and see how much I can make in 15 minutes..

I will test my skills as a beggar...and Pratik Koli can hide in a corner and shoot my pictures...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube