Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Shall Not Ink My Finger Anymore

173,914 items / 1,357,378 views

i feel cheated
robbed
disillusioned
as the nation
snores
whom
i trusted
voted to
power
from a lofty
pedestal
has fallen
to the floor
i have decided
i shall not
ink my finger
anymore
for the dance
of democracy
gone to the dogs
my poets soul
for the cause
of franchise
i shall not whore
trampling
the soul of
the common man
overriding
the judiciary
time and again
that saves us
from more evil
that is in store
whats happening
to the country
the erstwhile
judge roars
a backyard
of crooked
party men
that rob
steal the dignity
of the nation
all the more
as he watches
the other way
coalition
compulsions
what a bore
we have become
eunuchs
a silent whimper
at the core
with due respect
the hand that
rocks the nation
its time for it
to be shown
the door
let it not be said
by posterity
that we watched
the guilty
kept silent
evermore

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube