Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Fire At Garib Nagar Slums Bandra East Mumbai

174,007 items / 1,357,953 views


People from every walk of life have left their work to volunteer aid to these helpless citizens of our country , unfortunate homeless hopeless of Garib Nagar Bandra East and adjoining slums.

Their lives are totally shattered , their world came to an end at 8 .45 pm and the fire that began at one end near the Mosque soon had other areas in its grip.

I did not shoot this last night I dont shoot disasters I am far too coward , but I shot all this in the morning simply to share their pain with all of you, I shot this so all this can be seen by the leaders of our country sitting in their ivory towers.

Majority of these slum dwellers are Muslims but yet citizens of this great nation and its ethos.

I cried while I took these shoots and for the first time I shot this more as a pained poet than a photographer.

This is my new set at Flickr.com

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube