Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Hijra Guru No1

176,148 items / 1,375,618 views

It was Baby chela of Ma Madhurima of Park Site Vikhroli who was in charge of the events at the All India Hijda Sammelan gathering of Hijras and their fashion week and fashion show.

It was late Ragini Nayak who granted me permission to shoot the fashion show thanks to social activist Mr Santosh Shetty a dear friend , we were just two photographers at that time me and Nitin Sonawane of Times Group.

Baby Hijra Guru did not take kindly to us , but later she had a chang of heart and I met her the following day by that time she had Hijda Searched me my background my status and my motive for shooting hijras.

Hijra Search is a more powerful engine than Google Search..

The hijras without the Internet come to know where a child is born and if it is a eunuch child they take custody of it as their own.. this is what I was told.

Baby came to know of my connection with Laxmi Narayan Tripathi from Thane those days Laxmi was not my guru.. I was new to photography and hijra photography too.


Laxmi and I were old friends through Bollywood .

Baby was hospitable I had lunch with her and we became good friends for life , we keopt on meeting at the various venues dargah circuits of Haji Malang and Ajmer Sharif,than I shot the 40 th day of Late Ragini Nayaks memory service all the hijras from all over India were at Park Site Vikhroli.. to mourn the passing away of this larger than life Hijra personality and cult figure.

I was invited here by Heena Hijra.

And today in retrospection without Ma Madhurima and Baby Guru I would have never come this far in documenting the Hijra angst neither for money nor for gain this is my own personal contribution to the Hijras without the aid of Microsoft Foundation ....and I am mere a speck of dust compared to Mr Salman Rushdie.


I have shot the hijra pride , the hijra resurgence and the ancestral hijra spirit that survives at all cost.. hijra population does not depend on reproduction unlike mans the hijra is born through the soul of sorrow and pain.


These are old images all housed at Flickr.com I am spring cleaning as I have removed my Hijdaeunuchblogs@Wordpress from public view forever...

Wordpress is not the right place for me to document the soul of humanity... is my new belief thanks to the bitter experience I have had there.


All my sites I have disabled the comment box as I am not a hijra activist , I am not a Hijra counselor I am a poet a photographer who blogs nothing more nothing less.

Those that have gender problems queries questions should forward them to the appropriate agency or NGO .. I got tired of saying this even to kids as old as 16 years who wanted information how to become hijras.. And I would simply block them at Flickr or block them at Facebook.

I still get messages but I merely ignore all such weird requests...


And in all sincerity I have bought the hijra home on your computer as a human being seeking help rehabilitation in society this is my message my primary photographic agenda.


And this was some thing I could not tell bigots in my own Shia community too...and bigots in other communities too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube