Friday, February 25, 2011

The Hijra Sandal For The Holy Saint of Haji Malang

171,637 items / 1,337,674 views

The hijras are unique blend of Indian ethos culrure and religiosity.

Their prosperity, their health wealth safety depends on the blessings and protection of the Holy Saints both of Ajmer Sharif and Haji Malang Holy Shrines.

Because they have been treated as outcasts by mainstream society and religion, because of their status as untouchables the hijras had no option but to find solace in Sufi Shrines that firmly uphold the values of humanity.

And this is the core of this photo blog and hijra documentary, I have no other agenda but to show you the beauty purity and undiluted faith of the hijras towards divinity...

God is not a racist but those who stand like his guards are racists, most of them are only interested in the loot they get and their personal glory and ego.

All this shocks me Haji Malang is not part of my religiosity or my beliefs but does it matter I show you truth as it exits there might be ugliness around among his followers but that does not concern me, its the nobility of their spiritual intentions that matters.. even a drunk or a prostitute or a homosexual has a right to worship as much as you and me.

You cannot take away that right by your narrow mindedness , your bigotry and your bias towards peoples profession or personal flaws.

So I came here year after year shot the Hijra sandal, at the same time I shot the common man his faith, the rafaees the malangs , the beggars and the shop keepers vendors all depending on each other for survival.

And I know that one day Haji Malang will be the greatest center of pilgrimage for its universality and for its path of peace humanity and a lesson in national integration once the government gets rid of the lacuna of scams and corruption and upgrades the status of Haji Malang which too is a disputed site.

Haji Malang has a potential of becoming the next Koovagam and on par with other religious sites like Tirupathi and Vaishnodevi, but it lacks infrastructure , no drinking water save from wells, no ladies toilet no public bath..no proper roads, no hospital .. and I can go on..

But without sarcasm it is heavy weight ministers that promote other town ships should wake up to the needs of peoples spirituality whether you call this place Haji Malang or Shree Malang what have you really done for the people .. nothing just saffron banners and posters of politicians that makes me puke.

This is Truth that the Haji Malang Trust does not want the people to know that I showcase without animosity, without hate I dont need a house or a shop at Haji Malang...I want the pilgrims to be able to bond with the Malang Baba.. and allow millions of other people to come be healed through his blessings.


Through the humility of my blogs my poems to the Holy Saint I want to internationalize the cause of a neglected Holy Saint the greatest Saint of Maharashtra.

Jai Hind Jai Maharashtra.
Jai Malang Baba

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube