Monday, January 3, 2011

Waiting to pay tribute to Holy Saint Makdhoom Shah Baba

As these pictures were shot on the last day of the Mahim Makdhoom Shah Baba Urus , all in a few hours , a lot of people were surprised to see me at the Dargah, they thought I was out of India .

I used to visit the Dhuni at the back of the Mahim dargah every year regularly in the past , , so I was a known fixture during the Urus but this year I was not in good health so kept away, but yes the Holy Saint called me too , and I was here, with my good friend Sakib the florist.

Guys at the Dhuni were happy to see me, and much has changed most of the old faces have disappeared , my good friend Barsati Baba who was the Murshad last year had to give his Gaddi to a new Murshad Sarkar Ali Baba from Hyderabad.


I gave money to the Murshad to buy milk for tea , the tea made on the Holy fire of the Dhuni is out of this world a lot of butter is added in the tea.

Food or Niyaz too is cooked on the holy fire.

I shot a lot of pictures than moved out , I did not shoot the possessed ladies , and I came out of the Mahim dargah, shot the Food Gully and the Kashmiri beggars.From here I reached the Dargah of Fakhruddin Baba and shot a few sandals.

Last night I shot the Fakhruddin Shah Baba sandal too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube