Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Day We All Have To Go..Into The Twilight Zone

163,028 items / 1,284,774 views

Image courtesy Tanvir Faroouqi


My Tribute to a Little Great Man

the only update
a silence unknown
reverberating vacuous
as death lets out a moan
the soul is beyond the mercy
of every pain and groan
stoic serene all alone
a poem of lifes drama
no flesh or bone
numberless relapse
a ring tone resounding
a painful recall
no mobile phone
muted eloquence
breaking all barriers
comfort zone
a little who now
becomes larger
than life on his own



Mr PC Little was my mentor , a Little Man and a Superman all combined in his tiny frame , I shot him each time I visited Lucknow but now I will have to search him among thousands of negatives so I have placed him on the pedestal of Tanvir Farooquis picture frame ..

I was crying a few minutes back on the phone while speaking to his son Bhupesh Chandra Little , we have been friends since a decade, since the time I took a camera in my hand , yes I was hitting 50 than.

Photography has nothing do with age passion has no aging process even a three year old child shoots pictures such is Gods gift when he shows his generosity on the soul of mankind.

PC Saab and I corresponded a lot before the internet era.. and I learnt through his writings , he molded my thoughts and made my journey easier as a poet as photographer and blogging added to the silence of my soul.




About Mr PC Little by his son Bhupesh Chandra Little

My father Late Prof. P.C.Little. He had taught for almost 35 years in College of Arts & Crafts Lucknow and had dedicated his life to teaching in general and producing good workers in Photography in particular. I was fortunate to be his student officially as well in my BFA (5 yers) and MFA (2 years) besides I owe my little knowledge to him. I am not in a position to provide anything in great detail as you know he was very deeply involved in doing practical experimentation in Digital Photography based on deep thoughts taken form literature besides in Research based writings about : (1) Art Theory, (2) History of Avadh, (3) Literature, (4) Creative Painting, (5) Photography.



Prof. P.C.Little DOB 15.10.1937
5 year Diploma in Fine Arts from Arts College Lucknow. 1957-58
Principal of Arts College then was Prof. Sudhir Khastgir.
P.C.Little was the Founder Director of Regional Art Center Lucknow.
First job in NBRI then in State Museum, joined Arts College as
Lecturer Commercial Art 1965 and retired from there As HOD Commercial
Arts in 1999. He was the President of "Horizon International
Photographic Society" founded in 1997 and was instrumental in
organization of International Circuits of Photography.
Receive Senior Fellowship of National Academy of Fine Arts New Delhi.
National Award by Min. of Science & Technology, New Delhi.
He was a recipient of several International Awards and Honors : Hon.
Fellow ICS, USA.Two State Academy Awards. Works acquired by National Gallery of Modern Art.
Several collections and exhibits in India & Abroad.

Bhupesh Chandra Little EFIAP, Hon. FICS, IIPC Platinum
Warden, ADSW & Head Photography
Faculty of Fine Arts, Lucknow University

Plot No. 32 A, Before LG Gowdown, Keshav Nagar, Sitapur Road,
Lucknow-226 020(U.P.), INDIA

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube