Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Documenting Shiasm Through Pictures

161,216 items / 1,270,493 views

When Moharam begins I confess without guilt it rains Shiasm on my Flickr photostream or at my Facebook updates , but my documentation is of a photo journalist nature barring my Shia poems , I dont ever proselytize my faith or religiosity , I dont believe in conversions nor do I take kindly to conversions.. it is all a matter of personal choice.

I know whatever the odds or the drawbacks of a mans choice I would not be happy if I was not born a Shia .. it is my perspective of Humanity and it has made me what I am, I shoot Hinduism and I call it Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace and Humanity, I cannot be racist or biased I love my culture my origins and the inheritance of my birth as a Hindu Shia from Hindustan.

I shoot Hinduism as passionately as I shoot my own faith because my Hindu brother deserves the same treatment in my pictures as I show of my own community.

I shoot the Idd Namaz , I shoot Sufism I shoot Christianity I show you the by lanes of all religion and rituals and I am a working man , I have no second source of income , all my friends from town will go to Damascus for Chehlum I cant afford it I give it a skip.. reality is more important than a death wish.

My Karbala lies in India I discover Hussain the love of his people in Chennai or the cities I shoot each Ashura ,this Chehlum I am trying to either go to Jaorah or Bangalore all depends on the karmic wheel of my fortune or misfortune , or I will be cutting my heads on the streets of JJ Hospital with Habib Nassers anjuman.


I think my photography is predestined I can only shoot what I was destined to shoot ,no two ways about it..I am a normal human being with no armband that advertises my Shia back ground I shoot the underprivileged the beggars and the Hijras too, I shoot Humanity and the camera is my inner vision of the world live in.

I did not want to shoot Ali Reza Shirazis juloos Mount Mary , I was in a miserable state of health due to my diabetes and my blood sugar and changing weather condition s that accelerate my asthma but I shot it anyway , though the next morning was real bad as an aftermath.

I get people wanting me to come and shoot their juloos but some areas are to far away and I walk barefeet most of the time so it is tough, and than my work which is in a more bad health than am in..but God provides.

So shooting Shiasm is a chapter and it never ends, this juloos diid not have children cutting their heads , or hardcore zanjir matam that I prefer to shoot dont blame me.. I shoot Bajkra Idd as passionately as I shoot Moharam simply because no body cringes when they see goats bleeding , crying out in pain.. and yet Shia human blood gets on the goats of the Wahhabis.. and other Shia hating elements in society.

And nobody cares a damn when Muslims lustfully kill Muslims , bring down Shia mosques , and I shall leave it at that..
We shed our blood only to show you that terrorism tyranny and hatred from the times of Yazid exists till date unabatedly and there is a eunuch silence from the minarets to stop this scourge and menace from spreading like a virus.

Now you know the difference between a two dimensional picture and the three dimensional blog.. yes it could sound like a rant... but it is not from the pulpit of religiosity but from the grassroots of human pain and remorse.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube