Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aye Shehre Lucknow Tujhe Akhri Salaam

162,829 items / 1,282,907 views

Every time I came to Lucknow during Athvi I would rush to the house of this giant of Arts and Creativity , touch his feet , this was my tryst with a great human being, a writer , a poet , a historian, a camera repairer , Lucknows son of the soil.

I would shoot his pictures and today I do not have a single one, to post here as his obituary, maybe he wanted it this way.

Mr PC Little whose pictures hang besides Deen Dayal Sharma in the Gallery of Modern Art passed away last evening while I was sitting at my computer,

I called up his sons Bhupeshji and Avinashji and paid my condolences on the passing away of a legend of Lucknow , the photographers of Bada Imambada will be hit the hardest as he repaired their cameras with love and care , their film cameras the sole bread earner kept the chulaa burning at home , and he loved them all.

Mind you PC Saab as he was lovingly called was a camera buff a camera collector and gizmo freak.

He knew my passion for Moharam in Lucknow the city of my birth , he told Ms Sunita Aaron editor of Hindustan Times Lucknow about me and saw that a few of my pictures were published , such was the love of a man for an amateur photographer ,, he was extremely kind made me the honorary member of his camera club Horizon.

Of late I had not met him but I remembered him always , he was working on the history of the Nawabs in Lucknow..

These are my few lines for him in humility and gratitude.. people like P C Little dont die they go on living and living in the the hearts and souls of people they loved.


Aye Shehre Lucknow Tujhe Akhri Salaam
Adab aur Tehzeeb Mohabate e Lucknow
tere naam kashmakash hazrat ganj ki
hasraten woh akhri jam
aye shehre lucknow yeh akri kalaam

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube