Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Ray Lucero Lover of Humanity -Song of Man

Good Morning! Firoze

Here is a poem that is not mine, but one that speaks to my heart.
Love,
Ray Lucero

SONG OF MAN



I was here from the moment of the

Beginning, and here I am still. And

I shall remain here until the end

Of the world, for there is no

Ending to my grief-stricken being.



I roamed the infinite sky, and

Soared in the ideal world, and

Floated through the firmament. But

Here I am, prisoner of measurement.



I heard the teachings of Confucius;

I listened to Brahma’s wisdom;

I sat by Buddha under the Tree of Knowledge.

Yet here am I, existing with ignorance

And heresy.



I was on Sinai when Jehovah approached Moses;

I saw the Nazarene’s miracles at the Jordan;

I was in Medina when Mohammed visited.

Yet here I am, prisoner of bewilderment.



Then I witnessed the might of Babylon;

I learned the glory of Egypt;

I viewed the warring greatness of Rome.

Yet my earlier teachings showed the

Weakness and sorrow of those achievements.



I conversed with the magicians of Ain Dour;

I debated with the priests of Assyria;

I gleaned depth from the prophets of Palestine.

Yet, I am still seeking the truth.



I gathered wisdom from quiet India;

I probed the antiquity of Arabia;

I heard all that can be heard.

Yet, my heart is deaf and blind.



I suffered at the hands of despotic rulers;

I suffered slavery under insane invaders;

I suffered hunger imposed by tyranny;

Yet, I still possess some inner power

With which I struggle to greet each day.



My mind is filled, but my heart is empty;

My body is old, but my heart is an infant.

Perhaps in youth my heart will grow, but I

Pray to grow old and reach the moment of

My return to God. Only then will my heart fill!



I was here from the moment of the

Beginning, and here I am still. And

I shall remain here until the end

Of the world, for there is no

Ending to my grief-stricken being.



Kahlil Gibran

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube