Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sadka e Sakina

These are boys in white , they lead from the front cutting their heads like they are cutting turnips, no pain just the pain of Imam Hussain relived forever ...

There are other anjumans too like them and Amin Imambada on 9 Moharam is their spiritual abode , among them are a few arrogant kids that belittle the task of the photographer , insulting him with their spiritual conceit..
It hurts because we shoot their pictures to show you their faith and fervor and they misinterpret our intentions.. at least mine ..


Today I have the largest number of Moharam visuals and believe me they haven't come easy.. keeping in mind my severe diabetic condition, fits of giddiness , fainting spells but nothing stops me I shoot with a missionary zeal.. accumulating pictures like tear drops on the hanky of Bibi Fatima mother of all Shias.


This is not for glorifying Shia rituals , or Shia thought but to show you the spiritual side of a Shias life style during Moharam.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube