Friday, December 3, 2010

The Other Side of Bandra That Will Soon Be Gone With The Winds

154,827 items / 1,213,653 views

I am a Colaba person having lived part of my life at Wodehouse Road and latter years at Strand Cinema, I moved to Bandra West about twenty years back, and now it is embedded in my soul .

I never knew this path I discovered it recently , these are the original gaothans or fishing villages and there are many back lanes such as these behind the Bandra Bazar Market..

Most of the have disappeared bought by politicians backed by the builder lobby, every politician in Bandra presumably has some stake in real estate , this is where the big fat bucks come from.

There are rags to riches stories here at the Bazar a guy lived in a shanty today he owns a building hardly worked but politics..ass licking the poster boy politician gets great rewards.

Bandra has lost its soul it is up for grabs , its all about head count during election time, one sum goes another comes up, slums are the fires that keeps the vote bank alive.

Once upon a time Bandra was famous for Aunty joints jambool jeera and water kairi pickle.

And India is a strange country I am told in certain parts of Tamilnadu they are building a Temple for the Saint of the 2 G Spectrum scam, there will be other deities too besides our Raja.. this is in hushed tones , and I was told not to leak the information to an inquisitive cybernet public. but there will be other supporting statues of other gods and goddesses

So back to Bandra Bazar the filthiest dirtiest ugliest eye sore of Bandra but money spinning dream town , the Queen of the Blurb.

I live in Bandra and not recently due to hard times wanted to move out too....we are till waiting for that too happen.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube