Monday, November 15, 2010

Muslim Kids Goats and Bakra Idd in Bandra

153,138 items / 1,190,377 views

Because religion forbids them to keep dogs , the Muslim kids look forward to Bakra Idd , so you will see kids moving around with goats , and showering them with love and affection.

Muslim kids love to show off their new goats and boat the price i was bought at from Deonar.. ask a kid how much is the goat he has with him he will in Sallu style shirt collar up tell you Bawa 15000 ki Jodi padi.. Bazar bahut Garam hai Bhai..

The poor Muslim kids of Bandra move about with baby lambs and if you go towards ucky Hotel tiny lane you might spot a few pet Dumbas too.

Every house has bought the goats for the annual sacrifice on Idd Ul Udha.

There are four in my building too and soon the numbers will increase , as a new Muslim family has moved in too.

Tehsin Mukadam my friend too will have his goats cut in the compound with the rest.

As I live in a semi Miya land there will be a lot of opportunities to shoot the slaughter provided I have time .

We buy our goat at Noorani Masjid lane have it slaughtered there with me doing the Salla , the first mortal cut on the jugular.

The meat and the skin is bought home , the skin goes to the local Bandra Shia mosque as donation for the poor kids.

I love to shoot blood and dont blame me as soon as Idd gets over Moharam begins where we Shias will be as bloodied as the goats the Muslims cut..so I look forward to Bakra Idd simply because Moharam is on the threshold and Karbala a tragedy we relive in memory of the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain grandson of the Holy Messenger of Islam.

I will shoot the slaughter of bulls which happens around a few areas in and around Bandra.

I might go to Bandra East too for a change.. after shooting the Idd Namaz.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube