Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jai Ho Chhath Maiya Bihari Bambaiya

152,831 items / 1,188,240 views

As I have a dislocated wrist , the right hand I use for hitting the trigger was in great pain, it was not easy for me to push my way through the crowds and the sun was going down when I reached Juhu beach so I lost a lot of photo opportunities .

However I decided to shoot the common Bihari man and pay my tribute to his love for Chhath Maiya in Mumbai, the Bihari is transported to Bihar while standing in the waters of the Juhu beach..and this is poetry hitting the human soul in its cultural effervescence and home pride.

This is no muscle power or show of strength it is back to the roots devotion and the true spirit of living in peace in India.

Political parties of all hues try to take credit for a show here or a show there , folk songs that move the soul of the Bihari, but I reiterate the Bihari spirit is not as boisterous or unruly as you see on Ganesh Immersion at the Juhu beach in Mumbai..

Consider these as my observation as a poet photographer and this set is about the religious and cultural pride of being born a Bihari living in any part of India and showcasing the traditions of ones ancestry as harmony and heritage.

I did not shoot for too long I returned home in two hours , and the pain in my hand would not subside.

I have kept my Latur pictures on hold to post this lot , and Mumbai is a veritable crucible of all communities cohesively living in peace hope and harmony.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube