Friday, September 17, 2010

What Gauri Visarjan Means To Me


144,551 items / 1,113,381 views

Many years back I was a chronic alcoholic just could not kick the habit as hard I tried visits to the psychiatrist and what not including the usual dua tawiz and exorcising the devil called Alcohol by Tantrik bawas.

The day I decided to give up alcohol completely about 12 years back I had a fight with my wife the following morning in sheer failure of will power I rushed to Yacht the Bevdas adda for guys like us on the hard beaten Track , I drank myself to death.

I came home pissed and as I woke up after my nasha had left me I knew my drinking had begun , because a drop was enough to re start the cycle of pain to me and my family.

So at about 5 pm I took my camera I was just dabbling in photography those days and reached Juhu beach from the lane which is close to the Union Bank ..

It was Gauri Visrajan and I let myself forget booze the worries of the world , I was shooting film , so I shot sparingly and from that day till today I never ever touched a single drop of alcohol, I know more than any thing it was my wifes and my children s prayers but the day was what I have remembered and try not to miss shooting Goddess Gauri and come to terms with my sordid past and a struggling future.

So when I set foot at Juhu Beach last evening you can imagine the pathos poetry of pain that I would soon convert into pictures and blogs.

And those who knew me during my boozing days will know what I am talking abut ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube