Saturday, September 4, 2010

Street Photography Is An Attitude of the Mind

141,022 items / 1,094,117 views


We may all be photographers shot different things situations people and places .

No two pictures by two different photographers on the same subject can be the same simply because though we see the same thing we shoot it in individual style a style we have adopted.


I am a street photographer I shoot simplicity I shoot pain , pain is the core essence of my street photography, pain the only common ingredient that makes us human.

We all feel pain, in one form or the other and this is pain , waiting for him to safely jump into the arms of the people below his friends his compatriots even views feel his pain and the pain of the moment because we are human or is because we are human we feel pain.


I kept my 21 Ramzan a Shiaa segment pictures I shot recently on the Martyrdom of Imam Ali on hold to post this Dahi Handi , because I wanted you guys to see it before it loses its favor.

21 Ramzan for the Shia like me and others like is a moment of belief it never loses its topicality we as Shias relive it every second of our lives and so the saying every land is Karbala every day is Ashura is the core of our Shia spiritual survival..


For last 1400 years we have bled simply to tell you through our blood the story of a Martyrdom of Imam Hussain the grandson of the Holy Prophet who was killed by the Muslim Caliph of the Ummayad era Yazid we curse him and every year even during Ramzan we shed our blood t tell you that Terrorism is not a modern occurrence it is a conspiracy by the evil forces within the Muslim clergy and the power brokers and their petro dollars and their satanic agenda to keep the Muslim world divided anyone who has caused maximum damage and harm to Islam it is not just the bogey man or the American or the Jew but politics of hate among the segregated divided Muslim nation and the Misguided Muslim man whether you call him a Jehaddi or a Taliban or a terrorist a thorn by another name just cant be a rose.

This is my view as a common man albeit a Muslim on the street who lives in harmony with the predominant religion of the country he belongs to Hinduism which I shoot and document as Hope and Hindutva a Message of Universal Peace and Brotherhood.


The country of my faith my belief is here it is India.. here I find my soul and the soul of my Shiasm the faith I belong to which was bequeathed as a last will and testament as a pact as a pledge in my mothers womb it is her heritage I carry on my shoulders with pride.


So after this segment I shall post my 21Ramzan pictures and finally complete the Dahi Handi set of Mr Pratap Sarnaiks Vartak Nagar Gokul Ashtami celebrations.

My pictures are a story board of your life and my life interlinked to eternity as Humanity and Peace.

So if you see blood and gore after the Dahi Handi you know this is a photo stream of a bareefeet Shia blogger of Mumbai..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube