Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Muslim Beggar Woman at My Doorstep

136,658 items / 1,056,844 views


She begs and was a regular visitor at my work place on Thursdays, her child likes me because of my camera,my rings and because I dont shun them away from my doors empty handed.

She had gone away to her hometown in Andhra and has returned back to her circuit of begging.

I was saddened somewhat because she is now carrying another child,so whats her story of pain I dont know,but I think it is totally a very irresponsible act bringing in a new life under such circumstances and penury. These are my thoughts I felt and I have no right to tell her it is her decision and that of her husband.

I am a photographer I shoot pictures I dont talk to them much but I did tell her to go to a mosque talk to the elders and find a more upright way out of her bad times.

Unlike others who take potshots with all kinds of excuses giving it a painfully biased tilt I dont, some will accuse her for being an Hindu dressed in Muslim garb,and some will say this is another way of tarnishing Islam luckily here they dont say that this is because of the Americans or the Israelis.

Luckily in Mumbai we are moderate in our views and have no sectarian scores to settle.
If any shortcomings in our community it is because of the mindset of the people and nobody else perhaps some sensitive issues made flammable because of politics too.

Ramzan is the official month where every hue of beggar makes his appearance those who bring in tempos to collect the loot with hardly any creditability .. there maybe some genuine people but very minuscule to say the least.

So such is life and as I have stopped going to my work place through the slums I hardly meet the burkha clad women who sit on the road with their kids near the Jain Mandir Bandra.

I have not met limbless Appu since a very long time though I did give him my card to call me.

Imagine not having arms , and there is so much you cant do yourself.

For the call of nature Indians wash themselves no tissue papers so imagine Appus plight , he needs a person to take care of all this .. and sometimes I stop thinking beyond this , my Facebook friend Yohan tells me to take a break from my camera and the building blocks of words in the garbage gallery of my head.

He wants me to go to green pastures and from where do I get the green bucks to go the green pastures , we all have our problems but how can we share or show it our financial deteriorating conditions emotional turmoils etc..

As some people are addicted to drinking smoking fornicating I am addict to shooting pain and uploading it on the soul of cybernetic humanity as a photo blog.

Even if I stop shooting pictures with the images I have on Flickr I can add text , edit the date posted to the current date , they will show up as new blogs.

This was posted on 8 August without text I have bought it forward today.


I have 136,658 photo blogs at Flickr till date / 1,056,844 views just for the records.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube