Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jai Maharashtra

37,082 items / 1,061,594 views

she
is Aiiee
the re surging
soul
of my motherhood
in the state where
I live
she
is the beacon
of light
we follow
falter forgive
57 years
of my life
in the state
of maharashtra
now my
cultural ethos
my dharma
my karma
to my children
their children
I give
I was born
in Lucknow
but on my parched soul
Jai Maharashtra
will out live


More important credentials of Man regarding the country or the soil on which he lives his love , his passion his drive , love and duty .
My parents came to Mumbai from Lucknow my father was here since his youth he saw the bomb blast in the docks 1944 my mother came much later early 50s , they completely gave up the city of their birth building a new home a new life here ,I dont think they were considered themselves migrants , it was never a word we used to call each another we were Indians first and last.

Whatever my father built his first home was a shed like structure a Jhopadpati, or slum on a Hindu crematorium in Kurla.

He worked hard slogged living as a tenant at Wodehouse Road Colaba he bought a house at Strand Cimema which is still date our family home.

He gave us a great eduction , my brothers my sisters all in their respective niche comfortable self dependent.

We had a Marathi lady who world for us , we called her Aiee Mother at Wodehouse Road , we got our values from her as my mother was asthmatic sickly, she was a very old lady with a son called Tulsiram, they stayed at the military quarters opposite out tenanted house at Khatau Bhuvan.


The house belonged to the erstwhile Nawab Kashmiri family..

This was in 1955 or a little earlier the city was called Bombay.

And I am writing this as I undertake my third fast of Ramzan.


This was a blank post when I posted this picture yesterday.

And the lady in the picture is the symbol of hard-work honesty, she will never retire self dependent uncomplaining.

I emulate her and she teaches the mantra of my own survival in hard times I face but I am positive my life will change ..

This is my tribute to Aiee the lady who was part of my family many years ago.

I may not speak Marathi fluently I cant write or read my own mother tongue Urdu but this should not be used as yardstick to judge my love for the city where I stay.

I speak a larger language of Peace and Humanity..

I am a Indian by my religiosity a nationalist Muslim a Shia by birth.. the inheritance of pain I got as tears from my mothers womb we call Ghame Husain.

And I end this as I take my vow of beginning my fast ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube