Saturday, August 14, 2010

Iftar Time At JJ Colony at Bandra West

137,162 items / 1,061,935 views

This a part of my set on Ramzan Mubarak 2010 at Flickr.

I shot this on the first day of Ramzan a few hours before the breaking of the fast , and the vendors were all out with yummiest delicacies for the Rozdars of Bandra.

I will show you Minara Masjid and Bohri Mohall later , but JJ Colony is close up my alley , you can come to JJ Colony lane through various connecting lanes from Lucky Hotel lane on the main road , or through Anjuman e Islam girls school lane this is the JJ Colony lane or from Banddra Hill road via Jain Mandir Road.

This is mini Bhendi Bazar in ethos and predominantly Muslim population burkhas skull caps etc.

Most of the stuff here is delicious and cheap, fruits are expensive but cheaper than what you get on the main road stalls.

Mohomed Bhai is selling bhajiyas etc he was the pani purii guy at Bandra Bazar oad.


The seekh kababs and two eateries one owned by the local butcher supply food too are in the Lucky Hotel or jamakhana lane.

I am not an expert food writer but you can try out the stuff here..the people are friendly , next to the Kebab guy is a Tanduri roti guy you can take the rotis from him and make a roll with the kebabs,

Near the JJ Colony there are little kids selling tilis and other mother made home food.

The JJ Colony area is not the cleanest of places but the stuff is clean hygienic.

All this you can see through pictures I shot of this lane and all on Ramzan set at Flickr.

It was my first fast and I was quite tired as I am a diabetic too, my insulin intake timing have changed so it is a bit fuzzy in my head when I go about work my body, trying to get used to the new routine.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube