Wednesday, September 1, 2010

21 Ramzan Juloos Zainabia 2010

140,352 items / 1,090,117 views


Allaahummal'an Qatalatal Ameeril Momeneen

This is my new set on Flickr a long series today the Shias celebrate the Martyrdom of Imam Ali and the Shias of Mumbai congregate at Zainabia in the wee hours of the morning there was Marsiyakhani after that a short majlis followed by hardcore hand matam and curses on the killer of Imam Ali..

The Taboot of Imam Ali circles the Imambada and moves out into the streets were hardcore zanjir kama and sword matam follows in a procession leading with various anjumans to Moghul Masjia and from there it culminates at Imamiya Masjid near Fotowat Imambada .

Before the procession the Shias of Mumbai had their Sairi salan with kadak brun in huge thalis coffee tea was served to the crowds .

I have just returned now I was lucky to get a lift from from my good friend Ali Reza Shirazi of Mount Mary he took me to the venue on his bike and dropped m back home too.

My dear friend Habib Nasser his brother Bakar and their friend Happy was also covering the event from possible angle nook and corner.

I will post the rest of the pictures all at Flickr .com and a few at Facebook and Twitter..

I shot this juloos or procession barefeet .and I will put the pictures in a batch on the Flickr uploader and hit the sack as I have a long day ahead at work..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube