Thursday, July 22, 2010

Two Surviving Brothers

The place where I shot this is a East Indian commune , these two brothers are the only surviving members all their immediate family is dead one of the brothers told me.

Though they have relatives in the distant suburbs , the two brothers hardly mix around , I meet the elder one who talks to me from time to time.

And I sometimes as a poet understand their loneliness , past memories when their house was full of hustle bustle now gone silent forever.

For me respect for a mans heritage is very important , his heritage may not be mine but we are both me as a Muslim he as a Catholic are part of a single culture called Humanity.

And we are Indians the glue that binds us beyond the difference in our religiosity.

And through the two singlet each belonging to the respective brothers tells the story of their life..do you really want to see their faces I will request and shoot them tomorrow , this is the bitter and sweet potion that makes life worth living.

And this is a poem if you read it like one or its only prose ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube