Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shooting the Hijra Angst at Ajmer

133,334 items / 990,830 views

I am not collecting cookie points , here at Flickr Facebook or Twitter .

My pictures of the hijras are viewed and I need not accelerate the figure artificially through any blog promoting site.

The views on my pictures at Flickr per day is about 10000 but because of the new Hijra pictures I shot at Ajmer Urus has risen too 13000 to 15000 per day.

I dont sell my pictures or my text.

And till date I have posted 133,334 items / viewd by 990,836 people in 3 years.

Without sounding pompous I shoot hijras differently I dont shoot to grab images but I shoot them as ethereal poem of androgynous life.


I dont give copies of my pictures to the HIjras the only exception was my hijra friend Heena from Peela House Red Light area of Mumbai I gave her 100 copies of all her pictures I had shot at the Mumbai cages and elsewhere.

And my religiosity as a Shia Muslim is my personal pact with God it has nothing to do with you or your religiosity or your beliefs.


You dont like hijras dont see the respective albums ,and dont be critical or Maker fun of the people I shoot , but yet I have bigot Shias and bigot Sunnis gong after my ass ..as a photographer my genre is street photography..

I shoot all religious festivals and street events rituals and customs.

I cannot shoot what you want me to shoot , I shoot life as I see it I hoot a smile behind which lurks the gruesome shadow of pain.

Please read me as a photographer only and this is a disclaimer for people who unnecessarily add me at Facebook and than start kicking me in the balls ,for what I shoot and display .


Yes it hurts.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube