Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Poem is Born

135,534 items / 1,031,919 views


some poems
you feel
before you read
it in words
or just
let it pass
devastating
humanity
en masse
a woman's human
soul is as vulnerable
as glass
poverty
bad luck
bad times
covered
in the silhouette
of the hijab alas
what is pain
on the other side
of the fence
is not green grass
she is as she is
as her mother
her grandmother was
before
she came
to take
their place
on the footpath
ramzan idd
bakra idd
shabbarat
they were
destined
to beg
seek alms
no we have
no time
for them
not yet
a few coins
we throw
on their
doomed
destiny
as alms
her tears flow
within the hijab
may your family
prosper
may you children
get ideal partners
may you do well
is her blessings
on you
for the few coins
you gave her
bhaisahab*

bhaisahab means respected brother


Poems dont happen because you are a poet a magician with words or a conjurer with emotions poems happen because somebody inspires you , with a comment on a picture and last evening as my net was down I worked on my sons comp, and posted the link of a poem on Facebook.. Benn Bell my old friend from Buzznet commented on that poem and the humility of this image came to mind...and from the burning cauldron of my head this poem was born.

This is a poem I have actually given birth as the image was there .. only the words came now..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube