Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photo Journalist Idd Special Picture

The Mumbai photo journalists the dead wood variety, those who have lost it, a mental block of creativity, end up manipulating pictures.
This is the quintessential Idd Hugging picture .
And they expect to compete with those across our shores.
Even the few good photo journos end up like this a lethargy , an apathy, their celebrity status gets them through, now mind you I am not talking about guys in other regions of photography who do am excellent body of work and make us amateurs proud..
I bitch because who do we emulate , in order to become good in this field..its a sad day death of photo journalism and the blame at the photo editors desk.. not beyond.Girish Mistrys kids from his Shari Institute shoot better pictures .. more defiantly and differently too..my criticism is constructive but than you have the God given Freedom of expression to tell me "Go Fuck Off .."

Like a photo journalist who hurled these words at me when I politely told him to come up with something new ..I hold nothing against him personally he shoots what his photo editor wants and unlike a blogger he has to earn his living , luckily I moderate my own photos and work under no editorial constrains.

I shoot a poem and am happy it ends up as a picture..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube