Sunday, July 4, 2010

It Was Me You Met At Char Yar

133,751 items / 994,623 views

said the sacrificial goat to me life is so bizarre


you shot my picture
with the foreigners
at char yar
i saw you from afar
at first
i thought
this known face
was perhaps
bollywoods
most wanted film star
but than i realized
seeing you barefeet
you are what you are
i have seen you sit
with the dread headed
malangs
of dam madar
my fate was already
known to me
with the butchers knife
i could not spar
to appease
the soul
of restless humanity
i was sacrificed
life is love and war
no i was not hit by a car

zindagi aur maut
na koie jeet na koie har
tum sab ko mera pyar
toot gaya khamoshi ka tar

dedicated to a prolific
photographer from lucknow

nitin sharma

zindagi ek bazar
chand tasveerein
beete hue lamhe
as part of my memoir

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube