Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Con men at Surat Bus Depot

135,069 items / 1,002,074 views

Once the bus reached Surat Bus Depot , the night mare begins , there is no connecting to Mumbai from the dept the buses leave at 8 pm and I had reached Surat at 2 pm.

Enter the Bhaiyya migrant touts who con fleece the devotees left right and center , they are ricksha drivers who will take you a distance of 12 km they say and put you in a Mumbai for rs 400 you have to give them 150 for the ricksha ride.

I was lucky the guy did not charged me for the ricksha ride but would take Rs 350 to put me in a a car sharing.

I agreed but on reaching the highway and waiting for about an hour there was no car he charged me Rs 250 and put me on a bus to Thana.

The bus belonged to a private company , they pay the driver 100 and pocket the Rs 150 as net profit.

And I met guys in the new bus who were badly conned a couple they had paid Rs 1500.. to reach Mumbai but they had an emergency and were not complaining.

This is the corruption level in Surat by these touts towards the devotees of Khwaja Gharib Nawaz. on entering the bus depot at Surat..for buses arriving from Ajmer .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube