Monday, July 26, 2010

Carrying the Burden of Life and a Wail

the plight
of the muslim
beggar woman
i shoot
in the silhouette
of the hjab
i spot
them
on my
work route

why is she sitting there begging on the streets
a question nobody will ask her who really cares a hoot
to our destination as we commute ..
we have our own problems tax returns to be filed
credit card payment to be made mobile bill
electric bill to be paid ours commercial souls
to which we are attuned to her pain
her misery her despair we are totally immune
a gunny sack on the middle of no where
lost in transit her life the dark side of the moon


Most of my images text less are in a set at Flickr called Street Photography, I shot posted forgot , and normally even the Moharam pictures of Ashura I shot uploaded all at Flickr and moved on to the next feast or festival.

But here at Flickr there is one advantage a picture posted five years back can be fast forwarded and the posting date edited you see it in my current main stream.

I learnt this from Glenn Losack and it helps refreshes an old thought and adds a new dimension to it all over again .

I use Facebook sensibly without farting my views on the someones wall, I pimp my blogs via Twitter and Facebook, I am not into applications or games and as I wont be a coffee table book or a biography of pain , I am happy to be read on the internet.

But time is the essence what I am really good at does not run my kitchen to the wailing of my wife and her justifiable accusative kitchen modulated tone.

My blogs are a story board of pain , cinematic shot with an inbuilt screenplay...one story gives vent to another story till infinitude..


People call me a good photographer but I am not that good and I say this sincerely I am good not as a photographer but a person who mind reads an emotion as a picture..

And I shoot a poem so even an ordinary picture gets hi lit in its own shadow play.

This is photography as I see it as I am now teaching the same to my grand daughter two and a half year old Marziya Shakir who shoots comfortably with my Nikon D80.

Most of the time I am broke so my camera has not been upgraded and if good times come before I vanish I would want to shoot my pictures as a film documentary even if I have to learn the medium..
I dont have a video camera as yet my mentor Dr Glenn Losack who takes care of my camera lens need is more broke than I am..so we bond we both are poets painters of light we give a dimension to a thought recreate it as a picture.. but he is a million light years ahead of me ..

Being a good human being is actually what makes you a very good photographer Fuck F stops for now .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube