Thursday, June 17, 2010

Preparing Bajre Ki Roti the Indian Village Way

130,052 items / 959,841 views

Most of us are foodies and this is a Indian thing that comes with the ancestry of our multifaceted cuisine.


At our house it is food with the Lucknowi touch, though one of my daughter in law being Mumbai born makes exotic cuisine too.

The other being Lucknowi like my wife it is traditional simple food that melts in the mouth much before it is digested .

Our gravy is called salan, though my family prefers Jau ki roti a flat bread that was the staple diet of Imam Ali with soya sag.

We eat a lot of pilav and most of the time biryani ..

We dont eat beef at all.

Fish is my poison .

Our dals are the best , with home made chapatis ..

Vegetables form the most important aspect of our breakfast.

Dinner is very light , the rawa sweet dish, kheer is also made at home though wife and I are diabetic we have it too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube