Thursday, June 17, 2010

Barish Ki Bauchar Aur Bajre Ki Roti

The rains and the delightful fun of having millet flour flat bread.

Colloquially called bajre ki roti..and this was being prepared on the safe corner away from the rains on the streets.

When I began taking the pictures the lady who was drenched and making this asked to take the roti and have it at home.

I bought it home applied pure ghee and had it with achar, pickle it is a very tasty mango pickle home made bought by mother in law from Lucknow.


This stove is a make shit one made with bricks and useless wood is used for the fire.

Most of the food is cooked on this though the family has a gas stove too in the house.


And I dedicate this to my good Facebook friend Sudershan Pandey.. who always inundates me with comments and appreciates all of Marziya s pictures.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube