Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Moulaiee Hijra Bawa of Ajmer

She is a hijra bawa , a mystic who gave up glamor glitz in the service of God and Humanity.

She is a staunch believer of Ahle Bayt and strikes a chord with people of same bent of Mind.

On her lips there is a flowing chant of Ya Hussain , Bibi Sakina and Hazrat Abbas...

She told me that without the sacrifice of Hussain , and if Yazid had been given a free run , Islam would have perished , because the Islam that Yazid the accursed promoted was totally alien to that preached by the Holy Messenger of Allah.

Mind you these bawas seek no other worldly gifts , their life led in austerity they sit at Char Yar and evangelize spirtual peace.

They do Dua Tawiz and exorcism too.

Most of the rich hjras approach them for their problems and those of their disciples.

This hijra guru spoke at length about the miraculous powers of the Rozas or Shrines at Hussain Tekri Jaorah.


So each Bawa here follows his own agenda of spirituality under the shadow of Khwajah Gharib Nawaz..


She also told me that it was Mauwiyah the accursed who forcibly castrated males turned them into the Harem eunuchs to protect his women folk ..so the Eunuch tryst with destiny in Islam began in the Ummayad Caliphate.

So I would each day of my short stay in Ajmer visit their world, I was basically at Moti Katla with the hijras or the Malangs and Rafaees and Hijra Bawas at Char Yar.

Remaining time I spent at the Hujra of my host. Peersaab Fakhru Miya of Hujra No6.

Laeving aside his hujra I did not venture to shoot the Dargah premises , I had shot it extensively in my earlier trips till photography was banned within the Holy Shrine..

You could shoot if you had the permission from the Dargah authorities, I on my part was happy shooting the scum on the streets..

I shot the Dhai Djinn Ka Jhopda ., Taragadh, Qawwali jashn on Chatti and religious dancing trance.

I shot my return trip by bus outskirts of Surat and and I came to Vasai Mumbai and took a Local train for Bandra West home.. on the day of the rickshah and taxi strike .

I shot 22 GB travelogue of my stay in Ajmer - of the Ajmer Sharif Urus 2010.

5 Memory cards of which I uploaded one card of 3.48 GB


I was in a financial strain and Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hijra No 6 paid for my return journey ..

I was sure with my problems at work on the rise I would not make this trip eventually but Khwjah Gharib Nawaz made it possible.and gave me a new life too.

I was crushed to the floor in a stampede at the Dargah entrance , people walked over me , till the Khadims spotted me and saved me from further harm, my body was shivering but yes I was lucky to have saved my Nikon camera.

I am not yet recovered walk with a limp and from the day I was in Ajmer I had stopped my diabetic medicine and insulin completely..I have not resumed it yet.

I was completely barefeet , I climbed the mountains of Taragadh barefeet too..

And I type with a single finger of my permanently damaged right hand..

I came back early from Ajmer to get back to work and I missed the antics of my two and a half year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube