Monday, May 3, 2010

My God Was Born Poor

125,039 items / 882,435 views


my god was born poor
a thought indeed
man made him rich
building opulent houses
that he did not need
man made god
like himself
wealth grandeur glitz
that man envied
so god was
blackmailed
held hostage
god had to yield
god who would
rather live like a fakir
in humility as part
of his creed
so standing in long lines
to see god held
captive
it was decreed
gold silver money
in the donation boxes
by the moneyed
god became god
of the rich man
forever dirtied
gods wealth
that they emptied
my god died young
i wish him god speed


this poem was born though a chat with a facebook friend sudarshan pandey..he inspired me and this is another aspect of a poets pain as it bleeds when life through the lens of a camera he reads , humanity a necklace of broken beads ...let me be what i am impotently god pleads

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube