Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Child Pierces His Cheeks

127,102 items / 928,743 views

This guy was very chirpy in the morning but as the time draws near for having the rod entering his cheek, his face his body language becomes totally serious a bit afraid too.

He is watching Raja piercer mark his cheeks , as the rod has to align well or it will be lopsided and the child will lose his balance , the child carries the inserted rod for several hours , at about midnight the rods are removed from the mouth at the Mahim Maryamma Temple Macchimar colony.


I have never waited that long as I am a diabetic and I dont eat anything while shooting this event , I am on my feet I removed my top as the Mumbai heat is blistering and scorches the soul and the body.


This is one ritual I cant give up shooting , and as pain is the core of my study through photography .

Pain and overcoming pain.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube