Friday, April 9, 2010

Who Is He?


Who Is He?, originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1.

123,090 items / 847,771 views

I found him sitting in the slums at Iqbal Bhai caterers joint, I thought he might take objection to my shooting his pictures , but he did not.

Iqbal Bhai told me me he was seeking donations for a new Masjid..I did not say anything further ..I have no fight with him , he is just a spoke in a cog..a cog in a wheel of misfortune.

But it disheartens me that they build madarsas and new mosques , but the poor languish without hope, if things were not as depressing I portray I would not be shooting beggar Muslims who cross my camera path.


And begging in the name of Allah is nothing new , but now they bring tempos , using a loudspeaker to wake the conscience of the kids studying for their exams too...yes we are a community of rich men at one end of the spectrum and a large community of beggars too.

I dont stalk beggars at all, but yes they find their way online , I shot a beggar woman a few days back she was from Mira Road with two children , I gave her some money and told her to contact the mosques for help..I could not see her face she was veiled, but pain has no face all, and as a Muslim this and the sectarian strife among Muslims kills me.

Imagine brainwashing little kids to die for Islam , by killing innocent people.

And what fucks me completely , is educated people who tell me terrorists have no religion , if terrorists had no religion , they would not need to kill at all..it is Religion that makes terrorists out of people , misguided religion with rogue mullahs, Yazid was a Muslim the father of all Terrorism.. so dont tell me he was a Jew Christian or a Pharisee.. Hindu he was not I am sure of that.. Hinduism has benevolence humanity too..

So reading the newspapers and seeing the mayhem in the name of religion hits me too..as much as it hits you ...whatever be your religiosity.


Weapons have to sell, arm factories have to go on manufacturing death, and politicians keep the world divided ..in one form or another.

Well if you see the picture I originally shot of this man , he has flesh I added a dimension to his pictorial soul..I could have added poetry too.. but I let it pass.

But it becomes a poem if you read it like one...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube