Friday, April 23, 2010

Laurent Salesse And Me At Cafe Leopold

This is my new set at Flickr , it is a day spent in the company of my dear photo journalist friend from France Laurent Salesse.


We had met in 2007 during Ashura in Lucknow , I had scourged my back the night before so the wounds being deep had only worn a scarf , and Salesse shot my back and my mother in laws house Imambada too.

I was fasting and Laurent too walked with me from Nakhas up to Talkatore ki Karbala , than he disappeared in the crowds , we never met after that till he arrived in Mumbai on Sunday and invited me to Cafe Leopold .

From Cafe Leopold I walked with him through Colaba Causeway to my mothers house at Strand Cinema , Laurent and I chatted for a long time.. but would not eat anything at all.
later my brother Firdaus dropped him at his hotel and I took a train back from Churchgate to Bandra.

Laurent has shot Pakistan extensively, Amarnath Yatra, and Kailash Mansrovar..He wanted me too accompany him to Koovagam , but I politely refused , though he spoke to my transgender friend Kalki Subramaniam.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube