Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beauty Lies In The The Eyes of a Street Photographer

it does not matter
how why what
when you shoot
as a street photographer
even a mound of garbage
becomes a tree
bearing fruit
from the urban
environment
paved streets of pain
moments you loot
through the poems
of life on a canvas
of despair you pay tribute
children begging
for a future
at traffic signal
barefeet
covered in soot
on torn wings
of imagination
from one signal
to another
traffic signal
of life
they commute
dirty disheveled
but cute
the moment
one gets pregnant
another one
they will recruit
a system
gone kaput
tortured survival
at every route
a gutter of life
time pollutes
fate watches
mute
so as a
street photographer
beauty in the eyes
of a two year
old child
related to me by
blood
i salute
her eyes
my vision
my camera
my offshoot

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube