Thursday, February 4, 2010

Haji Malang Dargah

Night at Haji Malang is when most of the events begin , everybody is out on the sngle path that leads to the dargah or to the other places like Sultan Shah Babas dargah,, behind the Dargah are places I did not visit, I was far too occupied with the subjects I wanted to shoot, basically the ritual of the Malang fast, the dhamal and the Hijra dance and sandal..

I shot Laxmi Narayan Tripathis dance or jashn, I shot Gopal Haji and Babita Hijras sandal, I shot the Malangs and the rafaees.

I rarely slept, and shot a 14 GB card in two days.

And for the first time as mentioned earlier did not run for pictures , pictures came to me.

But what I enjoyed most is shooting the situations akin to street photography, while climbing up the mountains and while climbing down, I did not see the Shia Baluchi ladies that sell glares on the streets of Kalyan.

During Chehlum you will find hordes of them at Moghul Masjid.

My uploading problems continue..thanks to You Telecom.. that is unable to resolve this pain in the ass of an issue.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube