Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Marziya and The Scapegoat

Marziyas early childhood was spent with Bandra Bazar goats , and her favorite was Jimba who was slaughtered this year for Bakra Idd..

If Marziya sees a goat she will leave my hand and start following the goat, she calls them Bakri..

And goats too love Marziya knowing that they live on borrowed time the butchers shadow like Yamraj following them wherever they go, so Marziyas touch her presence is a much needed solace and reprieve for the scapegoat.

Marziya is the little pedestrian princess for the goats and they talk animatedly in a language I have yet to learn..it is a language without words, its a language that Jesus understood when he said Blessed are the Meek for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

And today Marziya did two new things she met Uncle Salman Khan with me and my wife at his house , and Uncle Salman Khan just could not get over Marziya , after that from Salman Bhais house we left for the 25 Safar Zainul Abedins Moharam juloos at Bandra East.. I was just in time for the majlis had started , Marziya and my wife left after the majlis I shot the blood and gore barefeet...my next upload hopefully..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube