Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fuck Shoes


Fuck Shoes, originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1.

100,763 items / 630,256 views

Shoes from every production house lands up here on Bandra Hill Road , next to the Tata Agiary, this must be the only place that sells second hand shoes boots for ladies and gents and he has a flourishing business , among designers too , when an aged footwear is required for their client.

But larger than this and more famous than this is Dedh Gully at Kamatipura next to Hijra Gully No 1 .. the business starts at 1m and gets over by the wee hours of dawn , totally crowded on Friday ,,, and close by is the Kamatipura Flea Market ..

All the shoes stolen from Mosques and other religious functions find their way here , refurbished and sold , you can get any pair Bally ,Armani you name it they have it..

As I walk barefeet I never had the craze for this quintessential shoe plaza of the streets..you get some original army boots here , imported ones and local ones.

The kids make a beeline for this place .. an extension of this place is at Chimna Butcher Chor Bazar , but only a few stores remain..

During the making of Eena Meena Deeka a flm by David Dhawan produced by Nitin Manmohan of Neha Arts ..we needed to give the crowds only a single shoe , I got most of my stuff here..

Once upon a time I wore a black shoe and a white shoe as a fashion statement..but than my friend at Buzznet Debbie gave me a mantra .. that I follow Fuck Shoes..

And I have hardly used foul words ever since I joined Facebook..my pedestrian poem's too have tamed down.I have become more lenient towards adding friends on Facebook..

This Hill Road shoe stall is run by a couple and the kids chip in too.. dont miss this place close to the road that enters Chinchpokli Bandra from Bandra Hill Road.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube